Junior 5-a-side Football
Sponsored by Ferguson Carpets & Flooring
Monday 7th August 5:45 pm at the Queensferry HUB
Fun football festival for all local children from p1-s4.
The Junior 5-a-side football competition for local children is divided into the following groups (dependent on number of entries):
Group A : Primary 1-3
Group B : Primary 4-5
Group C : Primary 6-7
Group D : s1-s2
Group E : s3-s4
(Age group based on classes before the summer holidays)
NO TEAMS ACCEPTED ON THE NIGHT
Please register your team online using the form below.
Written entry forms (available in the Ferry Fair Programme) to be returned to : Jane Harkin
c/o Queensferry Sports and Community Hub, 30 Ashburnham Road, South Queensferry.
For more information email email@example.com
Deadline Thursday August 3rd 2023
1. All team members must be resident in the Queensferry/Dalmeny/Newton area or attend one of the schools or youth groups, e.g. KSQ Football Club and must check in by 5:45pm for 6pm kick off.
2. Group A will be a fun festival of round robin games with no points or finals.
3. Groups B–D will consist of round robin group games progressing to a ‘Final’ match.
4. Each group game and final will last around 10 minutes, however this is dependent on the final number of entries.
5. In the event of a draw the final games will be decided on a ‘Sudden Death’ penalty shoot-out
6. Standard football rule for small-sided games apply.
7. All supporters must watch games from the designated spectator area.
8. All players and coaches must wear the correct footwear (football boots with plastic, not metal studs). If anyone does not have boots they may be able to borrow a pair from the Queensferry Hubs ‘boot room’, however, availability is limited and not guaranteed. Check with the Hub directly.
9. A ‘SinBin’ will be in operation at the Referee’s discretion.
10. Group A will play in ‘Fun 4s’ goals, all other groups will play in 7-a-side goals.
11. In the event of a dispute the Referee’s decision is final.
12. Please remember this is not the World Cup! All coaches, parents and spectators are reminded to encourage and support all the kids taking part. This is a children's festival and we should all make it as fun and special for them as possible.
Ferry Fair Festival Committee
South Queensferry's local Gala day
No entrance fee but please help us deliver the Ferry Fair by purchasing a programme, raffle tickets or just make a direct donation, if you can. Links for all on our Home page. Thank you.